The Harrisonburg-Rockingham Community Services Board is pleased to offer a new opportunity to join a team of therapists dedicated to serving their community. This full-time therapy position will provide individual and group therapy to individuals struggling with mental health, substance use, and co-occurring issues. Benefits that come with this position include health care, enrollment in the Virginia Retirement System, and 13 holidays built into the schedule on top of other banks of leave time made available to all HRCSB employees. Ideal candidates will be passionate about working with a diverse group of clients with a variety of treatment needs and will approach this work from a person centered and trauma informed perspective. License (LCSW, LPC) or License Eligible Status is required for this position.
General Statement of Duties:
To provide individual and group counseling, education, individual evaluation, assessment, treatment planning, for persons with mental health, substance use, and co-occurring disorders. The Adult Outpatient Clinician is directly responsible to the Senior Manager of Adult Outpatient Services. The position requires expertise in the area of person-centered, evidenced-based treatment of substance use and mental health disorders, as well as the ability to work effectively with other service providers both within the Board system and in the community. Good professional judgment and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality are also required.
Persons in this class are classified exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Major Essential Functions:
- Provides treatment planning, direct counseling, individual and group therapy, and case management to consumers with mental health and/or substance use disorders, individuals with multiple challenges that interfere with functioning, and family members.
- Meets agency standards for staff productivity.
- Assures compliance with agency policy, client rights, confidentiality, professional ethics, licensure regulations, and Medicaid regulations as applicable.
- Participates in consultation and coordination meetings to assure effective and efficient delivery of services to consumers.
- Maintains effective relationships with co-workers and customers based on courtesy, compassion, and respect.
- Completes documentation same day as per agency and third payer requirements.
- Complies with human rights regulations, agency licensure requirements, confidentiality statutes, third party regulations, and professional code of ethics.
- Provides crisis intervention/emergency services as needed and appropriate.
- Participates in workshops and staff development.
- Attends and actively engages in supervision with clinical supervisor to meet requirements of licensed eligible status.
- Makes effective use of available technology, including word processing, electronic health records, e-mail, and voice mail in order to enhance customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with established operational policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of principles, practices and methods of mental health and substance use interventions; individual and group therapeutic techniques; crisis intervention/emergency techniques.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with clients, co-workers, and service providers from the community.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, ethical standards appropriate for therapeutic relationships.
- Ability to devise and conduct education and training programs for clients and service providers.
- Ability to write concisely and effectively.
- demonstrates good judgment.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy and work processing skills required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in human services or related specialty, OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must be licensed eligible in the State of Virginia. (LPC-R or LCSW-Supervisee). Staff member is responsible for submitting documentation of status of residency/supervisee at time of hire and annual proof of license renewal to the Human Resources office.
Equipment: Telephone, copy machine, PC, word processing, EHR, training software
Work Environment: General office environment with normal lighting levels, temperature, air quality, ventilation and noise levels.
Work Location: 1241 North Main Street, Harrisonburg; and other sites as determined by program needs.
Work Hazards: Standard hazards associated with treatment programs.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, regular office hours; some evening hours required as scheduled. Additional hours as needed to perform job requirements. Regular and prompt attendance is required.
HIPAA Access Level 2: Full read/write access to protected health information (PHI), limited to the minimum necessary, for all clients directly served or assigned, as well as all clients indirectly served through case consultation, clinical supervision, program management, or coverage requirements. Staff at Level 2 are allowed to seek out client PHI as necessary to perform their assigned duties, but are expected to exercise due precautions to limit exposure to any PHI which is outside the scope of their need to know. Utilization of information will be in accordance with HIPAA regulations regarding use limitation, disclosure and requests of PHI.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance