General Statement of Duties:
This position is responsible to maintain an adequate supply of office supplies, household supplies, and grocery shop for Arbor House program. (Unique dietary needs may need to be taken into consideration at times.)
This position is classified non-exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine checks of supplies onsite and works with appropriate staff to acquire needed supplies.
- Shops for groceries, as needed, including picking up donated foods on a regular basis. Ensures needs are met within budgetary constraints.
- Works with other AH staff to plan basic meals/menus to best utilize available food resources onsite.
- Organizes procured items to make best use of limited space available.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, including general labor duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of basic office and household supplies.
- Skills in making cost comparisons; ability to make fiscally responsible decisions/selections.
- Food prep knowledge and experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills a plus.
- Ability to work effectively within a team of coworkers.
Any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Coordination of tasks is provided by Arbor House Supervisor; formal supervision and time sheet approval is provided by the Arbor House Supervisor.
Must have a current Virginia driver’s license and meet agency driving requirements.
Equipment: Tools and equipment necessary will be supplied by the CSB.
Work Environment: Office and program buildings, stores in community.
Work Location: Arbor House and Main CSB office on N. Main Street, Harrisonburg, and community settings (i.e. grocery stores).
Work Hazards: Standard safety hazards associated with driving, office settings.
Work Schedule: Hourly work depending on need.