Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis intervention to individuals by telephone or face-to-face who are experiencing a mental health or substance abuse emergency.
- Provide consultation, information, and support to individuals, families and to other community emergency service providers (e.g. Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department, Harrisonburg Police Department, Sentara Rockingham Memorial Hospital, Local Rescue Squads, ECC, Social Services Departments, etc.)
- Perform pre-admission screenings for emergency hospitalizations, to include all admissions to private and state hospitals, both voluntary and involuntary. In addition to screening the individual, this will encompass overseeing the petitioning process, advising the magistrate’s office regarding Emergency Custody Orders and Temporary Detention Orders, and coordinating/ensuring appropriate disposition/admission issues with respect to the most appropriate treatment in the least restrictive environment.
- Perform assessments as requested regarding mental health and substance abuse issues. May include exploring and making dispositional arrangements for the individual in question.
- Provide the Community Services Board with the required documentation of service delivery.
- Participate in on-going coordination and consultation with other emergency service providers and with Community Services Board staff.
- Participate in in-service training and supervision as required by the Supervisor of Emergency Services.
- Perform other related functions as judged professionally necessary to ensure availability, response and continuity in the delivery of emergency services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good diagnostic, evaluative and emergency intervention skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with service providers from other agencies, as well as, with people who are experiencing a high level of stress.
- Demonstrated good judgment and flexibility in highly stressful and unstructured situations.
- The ability to work as a member of a team is essential.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Masters Degree in Human Services or a related specialty. If licensed, staff member is responsible for submitting proof of license and renewal to Human Resources.
- Equipment: Telephone, Laptop
- Work Environment: Community settings, facilities with environment as determined by occupant.
- Work Location: Setting as needed.
- Work Hazards: Standard hazards associated with rehabilitation programs.
- Work Schedule: After regular hours as scheduled.
- HIPAA Access Level 2: Full read/write access to protected health information (PHI), limited to the minimum necessary, for all clients directly served or assigned, as well as all clients indirectly served through case consultation, clinical supervision, program management, or coverage requirements. Staff at Level 2 are allowed to seek out client PHI as necessary to perform their assigned duties, but are expected to exercise due precautions to limit exposure to any PHI which is outside the scope of their need to know. Utilization of information will be in accordance with HIPAA regulations regarding use limitation, disclosure and requests of PHI
- Additional Requirements:
- Possession of a current, valid Virginia driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Favorable Background check results.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
HRCSB is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.