General Statement of Duties:
To provide individual and family counseling, education, evaluation, assessment, and treatment planning for children, adolescents, and their families with mental health concerns. The Child and Adolescent Outpatient Clinician is directly responsible to the Supervisor of Children’s Clinical Services. He or she is expected to exercise considerable independence and autonomy in day-to-day decision-making related to the delivery of behavioral healthcare and to carry out those services on a daily basis with a minimum of supervision. The position requires a high level of expertise in the area of child/family diagnosis, treatment, and case management; a knowledge of and adherence to basic ethics and confidentiality appropriate for a helping relationship; the ability to problem solve and work cooperatively and effectively with Board staff from a number of different disability backgrounds and with staff from other community agencies that provide services to children.
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of a wide range of diagnostic, evaluative and psychotherapeutic techniques and treatment modalities for children, adolescents, and families.
- Advanced skills in delivering psychotherapy services to children of all ages and to their families.
- Thorough understanding of the dynamics of child abuse and advanced skills in intervention with this population.
- Knowledge and adherence to basic ethics appropriate for a helping profession
- Ability to provide effective consultation, education and training services related to children and their families.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Ability to speak and write concisely and effectively.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in human services. Professional Licensure or Licensure Eligible is required. Staff member is responsible for submitting proof of license renewal to Human Resources office.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, regular office hours; Additional hours as needed to perform job requirements. Regular attendance is required.
Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States
HRCSB is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com.